CBC
Convoy protest received hundreds of donations that appeared to be from abroad | CBC News
Ontario court freezes access to funds raised for protest convoy on GiveSendGo platform · Convoy protest could change the way money is monitored, says watchdog agency · Some domestic donors may have chosen to cite a foreign location when they donated.
CBC
Hacked convoy data shows more than half of donations came from U.S. | CBC News
Although Canadians gave more money ... to the convoy protest made through the crowdfunding website GiveSendGo came from the United States, an analysis of hacked data from the site reveals. The data — hacked illegally and released publicly late Sunday evening — sheds light on the identity of thousands of donors to the ...
CBC
Thunder Bay, Ont., donors gave $13K US of the $8.4M total to support convoy protest | CBC News
The data — hacked illegally and ... of donors to the crowdfunding campaign. A check by CBC News found multiple names in the hacked data correspond to names, dates and donation amounts collected independently by CBC News as the donations rolled in to GiveSendGo. The Christian fundraising site was blocked by PayPal last year after it was used to raise money for people at the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot in Washington. CBC InvestigatesHacked convoy data shows ...
CBC
Almost $8M of 'Freedom Convoy' donations still unaccounted for, documents show | CBC News
This GIF breaks down the $24 million ... website GiveSendGo. (CBC) Most of the money in escrow stems from Tamara Lich, the convoy leader who had access to the majority of the money through her role in organizing the protest, for which she has since been charged. The crowdfunding efforts she led raised nearly $10.1 million from 120,000 donors before donations ...
CBC
Largest single Ontario convoy donation came from this London, Ont., businessman | CBC News
The largest single donation to the convoy protests against COVID-19 vaccine mandates came from a prominent London, Ont., businessman who says the government has gone too far in its response to the protest movement against pandemic mandates. Hacked data from the crowdfunding website GiveSendGo shows Holden Rhodes and his wife, Carey, gave $25,000 US, which tops any other single donation from Ontario, although another donor ...
CBC
Sask. residents donated nearly $200K US to support convoy protestors, mostly in small donations | CBC News
Saskatchewan residents donated ... website GiveSendGo to help fuel the Freedom Convoy protest, according to hacked data from the fundraiser. The vast majority of the donations were small sums, similar to the trend across the country. The data, which was hacked illegally and then released publicly on Sunday, sheds light on the identity of thousands of donors to the ...
Nationalobserver
Meet some of the wealthy Canadians who donated to the trucker convoy | Canada's National Observer: Climate News
February 17, 2022 - On Sunday evening, unidentified ... website GiveSendGo, which hosted a fundraising campaign for the so-called “freedom convoy” protests after GoFundMe cancelled a similar campaign in response to reports of violence. The hackers, whose identity Canada’s National Observer has not confirmed, released what appears to be a list of more than 92,000 donors to the GiveSendGo ...
The Tyee
Where Did Convoy Support Come From? Here Are the Maps | The Tyee
GiveSendGo accepted donations from Feb. 1 to 10 before hackers illegally targeted the site and leaked donor data online. The hackers did not steal any donations. The leaked data contains donors’ full names, email addresses, postal codes, donation amounts, methods of payment and personal comments. It does not contain credit card information. Based on the postal codes, we are able to map where convoy ...
CBC
Ontario court freezes access to funds raised for protest convoy on GiveSendGo platform | CBC News
Convoy organizers quickly set up a campaign on Christian fundraising site GiveSendGo, after donors initially raised more than $10 million through the crowdfunding platform GoFundMe.
Cbc
No, CBC News did not retract its stories on convoy protest donations
In fact, GoFundMe's testimony before ... cent of donors were from Canada — meaning about $1.2 million of the roughly $10 million raised came from outside the country. That not only validated our findings, but in fact, exceeded what our initial story found to be the potential scale of foreign donations. A later, separate CBC News story analyzed donation data that had been hacked and posted online from another online fundraiser, GiveSendGo...
Cbc
Hacked convoy data shows more than half of donations came from U.S.
Although Canadians gave more money ... to the convoy protest made through the crowdfunding website GiveSendGo came from the United States, an analysis of hacked data from the site reveals. The data — hacked illegally and released publicly late Sunday evening — sheds light on the identity of thousands of donors to the ...